Here are some of our accomplishments and projects. This list of constantly changing! Check out our meeting minutes for current updates.
- July 2015 - Squamish Food Charter presented to Squamish council and adopted as a District of Squamish Charter
- Fall 2016 - co-hosted 2 Food Deep Dive Sessions with the District of Squamish to gather community knowledge and feedback about our food system for implementation into the OCP, and for cross-sector collaboration
- Summer and Fall 2017- Created the Squamish-Lillooet Food Asset Map
The projects below support our goals in our Terms of Reference.
- Helping the District of Squamish develop food policy for the Official Community Plan (OCP) to guide decisions pertaining to food. -Almost finalized.
- Developing an Agricultural Land Use Inventory in partnership with the District of Squamish and BC Ministry of Agriculture to inventory our farm land (can be used to create an Agriculture Area Plan in the future). -Almost finalized.
- Working with District of Squamish and food distributors to increase the amount of food that is recovered (and goes to the Squamish Food Bank and Helping Hands Society), and reduce the amount of organic waste going to the landfill
- Addressing food insecurity through advocating for a living wage.